What is Organic Hair Color?
Organic Hair color does not have any synthetic ingredients. It is made with certified organic ingredients (herbs). It can be used personally and professionally.
Can it be used on my synthetic colored hair?
Yes you can use Organic Hair Colors if your hair has already been treated to synthetic colors / dyes. sometime you have to apply 2 -3 time on hair with interval of 24 hours, between each application, especially if health of your hair is not good or too much treated with chemicals in past, It neutralizes the bad effect first.
Is it certified or not?
Yes it is certified by France based world’s leading Organic certification company ECOCERT.
How Much time it will take to color my hair?
You have to leave the paste of organic hair color for at least for 60 minutes. Because it is 100% natural made of just herbs. Longer you leave on hair better it is.
How long will this color last?
Last for 2-4 week, depending on health and condition of your hair.
Does it stain the skin?
No, it does not.
Will I get the actual color shade?
Color may vary person to person depending on health & condition of your hair.
Can it be applied on Man too?
Yes very well. This Hair Color can be used by man and women both.
Can I get part of my hair colored?
Yes, you can color a part of your hair.
Can it be allergic to someone?
No, as it is made of herbs only. But in rare case if a person is allergic to herbs, they may get affected.
Q. Do you know about PPD ?
PPD. is the main chemical present in chemical hair dyes. It causes allergies to a lot of people like reddening and swelling of scalp and face, rashes, dermatitis to eyes, ear and hands etc. Even a small percentage of PPD can cause these reactions.
Ecocert was the very first certification body to develop standards for "natural and organic cosmetics".
Q. Meaning of organic ?
‘Organic’ at present is more associated with food, Organic cosmetic is very niche segment and very few companies are manufacturing certified organic cosmetics. But its catching on. Organic produce and other ingredients are grown without the use of pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, sewage sludge, genetically modified organisms, or ionizing radiation. Before a product can be labeled "organic," a Government-approved certifier inspects the farm where the food is grown to make sure the farmer is following all the rules necessary to meet organic standards. Companies that handle or process organic food before it gets to your local supermarket or restaurant must be certified, too. Hence Organic Products are free from all toxic chemicals and thus they are purely natural. So Organic is real natural.
Q. Difference between Natural and Organic ?
Apparently, the demand for organic Products is more than natural products because organic products seals are granted and monitored by the government. Given below is the difference between natural and organic products on different parameters
Q. What are certified Organic ?
Certification assures you genuine and real organic products as it is granted, by following strict, stringent regulations & guidelines. Certified organic products are made with ingredients that are grown free of synthetic pesticides, herbicides and genetically modified organisms. It do not include harmful additives such as petroleum waxes, fillers and artificial chemicals. Simply put, certified organic products are completely healthy and natural, synthetic alternatives are not. Even natural products may also contain some fraction of pesticides and fertilizers, used during cultivation. Certified Organic products work better simply because they are made with superior ingredients. Hence we say “Organic is real natural” because control starts right at the cultivation land laved.
Many companies try to mislead by using word “Organic”, just in their brand name or by just using few organic ingredients along with chemicals and synthetic ingredients, those products cannot be considered as organic and hence are not safe for body & health. Thus a rise the need for certification. So always look for proper organic certification of product on the whole not just few organic ingredients and it should be certified by reputed certifying company.
Ingredients used in Color Me Organic are :
Limitation and Precaution of Organic Hair Color
Its application time is at least 60 min.
Q. Which is longer than the chemical hair colors
In order to achieve a darker color of any shade leave paste on hair for a longer duration of time and apply heat. When color is first applied it may not provide optimal results; especially if hair has been badly damaged by Chemical processing in the past. As a result it may be necessary to repeat the process 2 to 3 times in order To achieve the desired results. This should be done in 24 hour intervals. Shampoo and conditioner is not required after rinsing hair but can be used if desired. Once the process is complete it is important to note that hair may continue to become darker over a period of up to five days. Organic hair colors will oxidize and become deeper and richer in color within the first few days. Result may vary person to person. It is for Health Conscious people. So understanding about natural product is very important. Its mild nature and limitations should not be considered as defect or shortfall but a beauty of nature, for the safety of your health. Few person may get tingling effect or a mild itching on scalp during application, nothing to worry about, as presence of indigo herb may cause this effect in some person It gives best result on people who have up to 30-40% grey hair. It may not impact exact color on person with 100% grey hair, They may get following result : Few people may get orange tone in excess on hair. Kindly apply indigo paste to neutralize this Effect and it get nice dark color. Few people may get purple tone in excess on hair. Kindly apply henna paste to neutralize this effect and get nice dark color.
Q. Why does Hair fall ?
Hair falling and their re-growth is an inbuilt function of human body, a natural process of replacement. But the excessive amount of hair fall is very discomforting. We all wish to have gorgeous, dense hair cover but this dream is shattered by a lot of factors that trigger hair fall
There are various factors that can cause acute hair fall
Mechanism of Hair Dying
- Lack of Scalp Hygiene : Negligence toward scalp hygiene could trigger hair fall. For instance, infrequent head wash, over exposure to harsh sun or rain without protection, exposing the head to industrial fumes, etc. Shikakai is one of the best known natural detergents for scalp and hair. It maintains scalp hygiene.
- Nutritional Deficiency : Vitamin C is responsible for the development of healthy collagen, which is necessary to hold body tissues together. Its deficiency can cause split ends and hair breakage. Vitamin E is necessary to provide good blood circulation to the scalp by increasing the uptake of oxygen. Amla and Brahmi are rich sources of vitamin C and vitamin E.
- Stress : Hair loss can be caused by emotional stress and sleep deprivation. Any emotion that is experienced intensely can cause a constitutional disorder affecting the physiological functioning of the hair growth. Jathamansi and Brahmi are sedatives and nervous tonics which relieves stress on local application.
- Local Skin Disorder : Certain local skin ailments are known to lead to hair falling. Local skin infections such as fungal infection (Tinea capitis), pyoderma, secondary syphilis, etc. Non-infectious conditions such as Dandruff, psoriasis, lichen planus, eczema, etc can also cause hair fall. Indrajau is an anti-bacterial medicine that controls skin disorder naturally.
- After effect of medicines : Certain chemical medicines and their toxicity have a damaging affect on hair roots. Long term use of chemotherapy, cancer medication, steroids, antibiotics, antiepileptic, antihypertensive medications etc. have been observed to produce hair falling in some patients. Contraceptive tablets are also known to induce hair falling. Shikakai, methi, Henna, Aloe Vera provide nourishment to the scalp and help recovering the healthy scalp.
- Wrong selection of hair products : The best selling hair care products are usually a mixture of harsh chemicals that show a negative impact on hair after long term use. Hair protein id fragile and continuous exposure to these chemicals will eventually bring their living period down causing hair fall. Bhangra, Shikakai, Henna, Aloe Vera and Amla correct damage caused to hair by harsh chemicals from these products.
- Hormonal Imbalance : Certain hormones in male and female bodies including androgen, estrogen and progesterone variations during different phases in life may bring about hair falling in excess. If your thyroid gland is overactive or underactive, your hair may fall out. These problems are to be treated with special attention.
- By Chemical Dye : Most of the chemical dyes contain bleaching agents such as ammonia and/or peroxide which damage the outer most layer by breaking down the natural hair pigment, melanin, and create capillaries in hair shaft. Ammonia is the alkaline chemical that opens the cuticle and allows the hair color to penetrate the cortex of the hair. It also acts as a catalyst when the permanent hair color comes together with the peroxide. Then PPD like chemical color fills these capillaries, enter in the inner layer and remain stuck inside, as permanent color. The next application again does the same on hair shaft. This results in loss of strength, roughness and permanent damage to hair.
- By Natural Dye : Natural Dye colors hair by coating the hair shaft. It provides thickness to hair and stick as a semi-permanent color. The next application again does the same and results in increase in strength and shine in your hair.
A significant 5% of chemical hair dye users develop allergies due to even the small percentage of PPD (para-Phenylene Diamine) present in there composition. PPD has also been voted as the Contact Allergen of the Year in the year 2006 by the American Contact Dermatitis Society.
Reported allergies are
- Swelling on scalp and face.
- Eyelid closing.
- Rashes on cheeks.
- Hair loss.
- Bladder Cancer